|Soup is a great way to start the meal!|
What's so great about soups?
For those of you looking to improve your health, vegetable soups are great natural detoxifiers! They help increase the alkalinity of the body, which is essential for the kidneys and liver to eliminate toxins effectively. With all of the stress and unhealthy foods we're putting into our bodies these days, it is essential that we keep our livers and kidneys functioning well. Furthermore, all of the vegetables in the soup are an important source of fiber that can help fight constipation and improve cholesterol levels.
Moreover, for those of you looking to lose weight, vegetable soups are a great source to turn to. Starting off a meal with soup not only provides a lot of nutrients, but also fills you up before you turn to the heavier portions of your meal, thus saving you a lot of calories.
Alright, now that you know the awesome benefits of vegetable soups... onto the recipe!
Tomato and Egg Flower Soup
- 1 large tomato, sliced into bit-sized pieces
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups water
- 4 stems of cilantro, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Break eggs into bowl and beat eggs using chopsticks. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling on high. Once boiling, turn heat to medium-low.
- Meanwhile, heat 1TBSP cooking oil in wok, add garlic, salt, and tomatoes. Stir-fry until tomatoes soften.
- Add tomato mixture into the pot of water. Then bring to another boil.
- Add beaten eggs in circular motion, wait a few seconds, then mix using chopsticks. Turn off heat.
- Add cilantro, sesame oil, and serve!
Hope you all enjoy this healthy, light, and delicious soup. Let me know what you think of it in the comments below