Black sesame seeds has long been a favorite among the Chinese. Let’s take a look at why it’s so great!
- Source of many minerals and vitamins - with calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber being only some of the few
- Source of sesamin and sesamolin - both belong to a group of beneficial fibers called lignans - help lower serum cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Highest phytosterol content out of all nuts and seeds! - a plant compound that has a similar chemical structure to cholesterol - helps lower blood cholesterol levels, enhance immune response, and decrease the risk of certain types of cancers!
Black Sesame Banana Drink Ingredients:
- 2 TBSP ground black sesame seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 cup water (or what ever liquid you want—soy milk, whole milk, etc.)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Honey to taste
Add all ingredients to blender and blend away!Enjoy~
* Black sesame seeds can be found in most (if not all) Asian grocery stores. If you can’t find the ground type, you can just grind them in your coffee grinder or even blender~