Saturday, January 31, 2015

Beaten Coffee--Sore Arms, but Totally Worth It!

It seems like I've been writing a lot about drinks recently, like the green tea latte and the... or never mind. Maybe not. I've posted recipes for a few other drinks--but more than half a year ago! By the way, check them out! Black sesame banana drink and chocolate raspberry smoothie.

However, today, my focus is on beaten coffee! Have you heard of it before? Me neither, until earlier this week! Apparently it's also called Indian Cappuccino, and it's super creamy, affordable, and--oh my gosh--DELICIOUS! You know how I said I've been enjoying green tea lattes before my workouts? Well, I've been enjoying this even more, which is not necessarily good because sometimes I just can't help myself to another cup!
What's even better about this recipe is that there's so few ingredients. You really need only four ingredients, and you'll likely have all of them in your cupboard already!
Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp Instant Coffee Granules 
  • 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar (or to your liking--I prefer less sweet)
  • 1 tsp Water
  • 1 cup milk of choice
Instructions:
  1. Combine instant coffee, sugar, and water, and mix ingredients together until the mixture thickens and lightens. The texture should be almost that of marshmallow fluff! For me, this takes about 10-12 minutes. 
  2. Heat up milk, and add the mixture to the hot milk.
  3. Stir and enjoy!
Super simple! Look at how dark the mixture was in the beginning! Almost black :)
However, as you continue mixture with your spoon, the color gradually lightens and the mixture begins to thicken.
I've tried using a whisk to make this before, but for some reason, it didn't seem to work as well as with a spoon.... Not sure why, maybe just magic? Haha, just kidding! 
As for the sugar, you can adjust it to what ever suits your taste. You can even choose not to add any! And I know because I accidentally left it out once. Oops! But it still tasted great, albeit a little on the bitter side~
Look! So thick :) Beaten coffee is somewhat tiring to make, but don't give up! It's worth it. Totally.
Go try it! And if you do, tell me how it goes!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Holy moly, it does look creamy this 'Indian cappuccino'!
    Thanks for the recipe c: it's a good thing I love coffee!
    Xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, right? I never knew instant coffee could do that too! Makes me kinda want to try the same with matcha powder. Wonder if that would work though? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I hope you can try it soon~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow looks delicious! gotta try this recipe!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Samantha! :) Hope you like it!!

    ReplyDelete