Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Starting off the day right: Matcha Latte Recipe

Hey guys! I just had my first day of classes yesterday, and let's just say I'm pretty pumped for this semester~ I'm taking mostly classes for my entrepreneurship minor this semester, so I'm really excited to be able to work on some venture ideas these next few months! If anything happens from this semester, I'll definitely keep you all updated!

Anyhow, I think I've been doing pretty well on my New Years resolutions! I went to the gym before class both yesterday and today, so I'm feeling pretty good. Sleeping earlier, however, is something I could work on a bit more, especially since I haven't really gotten a lot of assignments yet. I don't know why, but even though I'm tired, I sometimes just don't want to go to sleep yet... I guess I prefer watching TV more... eeks! Do you guys have this problem as well?

Since I don't like eating a lot or not eating anything before I work out, I've been making myself a matcha green tea latte before going to the gym! The recipe uses the same Kiss Me Organics Culinary Grade Organic Matcha I mentioned in my last post (check out the post for another matcha recipe!).


The recipe is super simple and fast to make, which makes it a great option for the morning! That way,  I can drink something really quick, change, and then go the gym. Furthermore, the matcha latte gives me quick energy (in the form of caffeine from the matcha and calories from the soy milk) as well as lots of nutrients (check out my last post to learn some of the awesome benefits of matcha)!


Alright, here's the recipe! 
Matcha Latte Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1-1.5 tsp matcha powder
  • 2 tsp hot water 1 cup soy milk (or almond milk)
  • 1 TBSP honey
Directions
  1. Add hot water to matcha powder and mix until all of the clumps are dissolved
  2. Add honey to matcha mixture and stir until completely dissolved
  3. Microwave milk for 90 seconds (or until hot, depends on the microwave)
  4. Pour hot milk into mixture, and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite pre-workout meals/snacks? I love love to try them!

14 comments:

  1. Right?! Sometimes when I go to Starbucks I even ask them to put a couple scoops of matcha into their smoothies hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love matcha, that's one of my fav warm drinks >.< and wahh good to hear that you're working out!
    I also understand ur problem, I was so tired, but I chose to read manga haha
    www.acyhoz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, omg! Manga and anime are the death of me too! I just started watching One Piece with my sister O__O bad idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Hope you try the recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a surprisingly tasty drink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Good luck on the new semester too! I know mine will be pretty busy. Mehta exactly IS matcha? Is it green tea? Lol just going off of its color. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Good luck to you as well! Matcha is powdered green tea and has been traditionally been used in tea ceremonies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to force myself to go to sleep early too! I'm just naturally a night owl too! This tea latte looks delicious! And perfect for pre-workout...coffee kind of upsets my stomach before a workout

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!! Haha, it's so hard to go to sleep when there's so much other funner things to do! o__o

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking for matcha smoothie recipes! I'll try this soon...

    http://itsjpei.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! So excited to hear that :) Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete