Sunday, February 15, 2015

5 Things I've Been Loving

Hey guys! Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's day filled with chocolates and lots of love regardless of whether or not you're in a relationship!

My apartment-mate got chocolates for our whole apartment! Feeling so blessed :)


Anyhow, onto the 5 things I've been loving:

1. Overnight Chia Oatmeal 
I made a post on this a while ago, and it is simply delicious! Especially, since it's been so hot in LA recently, overnight oatmeal is a great choice! Super filling, full of fiber, and best of all, a refreshing start to the day~


2. Matcha Latte 
Especially since I've run out of instant coffee for my beaten coffee recipe (which in my opinion is just as good as the latte), I've been turning to this matcha latte recipe almost every morning! This latte is super delicious and great for a pre-workout energy boost!

3. Blogilates
Blogilates' videos are super challenging, but I've been really enjoying doing them recently. I'm exhausted afterwards, but I feel so strong too! What I like to do is choose a few of her challenge videos for each major muscle in the body and I'll work through them from legs to arms (biggest muscle to smallest). I learned in my weight training class at university that you should work the large muscles first and then the smaller muscles because the smaller muscles fatigue easier!

4. Grid Diary 
Grid Diary is an awesome diary/journaling app that I discovered a few months ago! Each day has a list of questions for you to answer such as "What am I grateful for?" "Did I exercise today?" "How can I make tomorrow better?" and so on. What's nice is that you can also edit, delete, and add your own questions. However, note the pro upgrade is $4.99, which is a little pricy for an app in my opinion.

Nevertheless, the Grid Diary has been super helpful for me to reflect on my day and remind me of all the things that I should be thankful for in my life!


5. LIAR GAME 
Liar Game is a Japanese drama that I've obsessed over recently! It's about a really honest (and almost naive) girl named Kanzaki Nao who gets tricked into a game called the Liar Game (well duh :P). The secret organization behind this game forces participants to try to steal money from each other or risk being 100 million yen in debt! Since Kanzaki Nao is so honest, she gets the help of a mastermind swindler, Akiyama Shinichi, to help her in the game. And so goes their story!

I love love love Liar Game! Even though I'm typically not a big fan of Asian dramas, I just got totally stuck on this show. Furthermore, Matsuda Shota, the actor of Akiyama Shinichi is sooo cuute!  <3 Haha, this is definitely not the only reason I love Liar Game, although it is one factor :P
Look at his furrowed brows and intense but cool aura! Who can resist?!

Anyhow, even if you don't agree that Matsuda Shota is adorable... Liar Game is a super great psychological thriller that engages you and makes you reflect on the value of remaining truthful!

10 comments:

  1. That oatmeal looks so good. I need to start eating healthy again. I've been really wanting to try matcha for energy because I can't drink coffee, but I never have the time to purchase it :(


    http://stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, yeah, eating healthy is really hard to do, but it's never to late to start! I actually got my matcha from Amazon! :)
    http://www.amazon.com/Matcha-Green-Tea-Powder-Antioxidant/dp/B00DDT116M/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1424045439&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad to hear that :) Hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chia seeds!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing overnight oats and chia so much lately, but I've never tried it. It sounds so good though that I really need to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! It's super easy to do! But I totally understand. It took be a while before I actually tried it too. For me, the hardest part was getting myself to buy the chia, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just make me watch Liar Game :P
    It sounds interesting from your point of view!
    I've made your beaten coffee btw! That's my
    latest addiction really haha Xx
    http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So happy you've been enjoying the beaten coffee!! And if you have free time, definitely try Liar Game! :D

    ReplyDelete